Who Am I?

img_4947.JPG

My name is Scott Holcomb, and I’m just a Teacher! Currently, I’m having too much fun serving as an “Educational Technology Specialist” for Memphis City Schools in the heart of Memphis, Tennessee. Don’t let the big title fool you- I’m just a teacher on assignment. I work with about forty elementary schools helping to get teachers, administrators, staff and students on board the “use your computer as an extension of yourself” bus. Prior to taking on this position way back in 2002 (i think), I was a mild mannered, new 3rd grade teacher, then I moved up in the world and taught 4th grade- and finally, it happened- my principal at that time spotted a computer in my classroom and asked where it came from and I being new to teaching thought I had done something wrong (flashbacks of being an elementary school student started rolling back into my head). She asked if I knew how to use it (technology) and when I answered yes, the rest is history. From that day forward I was known as Mr. Holcomb- the computer teacher and around these parts, that’s hard to find! Why? We don’t really exist according to the district (shhhhhhh). I’ve spent more than eight years working with students and teachers and it brings me to work each Monday morning- I’m not kidding, I really enjoy the work I do and the group of seven other colleagues I call friends.

Who I’ve been in this Life thus far:

Community Agency Counselor- Loved working for and with Families in need

Senior Counselor at Goodwill Industries International- wow, a real eye opener!

Volunteer Firefighter- learned a great deal about a great group of men and women who risk their lives on a daily basis for no monetary gains

Mental Health Counselor for Homeless Vets- honored to serve…

Space Academy Level 1 Counselor- I really loved and enjoyed this time in my life (great friends and met my wife)

Space Dome Theater Usher at Alabama Space and Rocket Center- I worked with my best friends all day long and got paid for it – who could ask for a better job!

Currently…I’m a Husband and a Daddy!

The Family Man…

[kml_flashembed movie="http://widgets.clearspring.com/o/46928cc51133af17/4716ee7e40fcd1af" width="480" height="320" wmode="transparent" /]

(try www.animoto.com – I did!)

Another side of me…” the Army Brat”

ZAHS Click here if you know what it means to be a Military Dependent overseas in Germany…especially if you went to Zweibrucken American High School!!!

One thought on “Who Am I?